April 18, 2009

I'd Still Want a Lakers-Celtics Match-up in the Finals

Just a quick thought: A lot of people seems to be primed for a Los Angeles Lakers-Cleveland Cavaliers match-up in the Finals. (Just look at the commentary on ESPN & Sports Illustrated). But not for me: Give me an L.A. Lakers-Boston Celtics finale.

You'd probably be saying: "Yeah, you like the Celtics because Kevin Garnett was injured." But even if that weren't the case, I'd like to see the Lakers avenge last year's debacle.


Technorati:

3 comments:

  1. I am in agreement with you. I want that matchup badly just to avenge ourselves. I want us to walk into Boston and take that trophy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gonna be a cakewalk for the Cavs this year in the playoffs, reminiscent of their run in the 06-07 season. With KG out of the picture, Lebron's road back to the finals is practically paved for him.

    While the Lakers are favorites out west,their road will be tougher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Lebron James and Kobe Bryant duel in the finals is a big marketing strategy by the NBA. But as a big Lakers fan, I still want them to avenge their loss to the Celtics a year ago.

    I hope Garnett returns this playoffs (so critics will not claim Garnett's injury as a factor the Lakers win the championship).

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin