This Playoffs is sure full of storylines: Lakers-Suns Round 2, Raps vs. Vince Carter, Nellie vs. Mavs, will AI and Melo produce in the playoffs?
I've read various expert takes on the Playoffs and the consensus quarter final winners are: Dallas Mavericks, Phoenix Suns, San Antonio Spurs, and Houston Rockets for the West and Detroit Pistons, Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat and the New Jersey Nets for the East. But I have other ideas:
- Detroit Pistons (1) vs. Orlando Magic (8) - Dwight Howard will run amok and demolish the entire Piston frontline all by himself. Rasheed Wallace will find his lost basketball theatrics and will get ejected at some point in the series. Prediction: Orlando in 6.
- Cleveland Cavaliers (2) vs. Washington Wizards (7) - Even without stars Gilbert Arenas and Caron Butler, Washington will ride on Antawn Jamison's one-dimensional game and bet the better of Lebron James. Drew Gooden will be baffled by the outstanding play of Michael Ruffin. Prediction: Wizards in 5.
- Toronto Raptors (3) vs. New Jersey Nets (6) - Two words: Chris Bosh. The Toronto All-star will provide match-up trouble to NJ's thin frontcourt. Vince Carter will struggle. Prediction: Toronto in 7.
- Miami Heat (4) vs. Chicago Bulls (5) - I'd like to think the series will be a free throw shooting contest between Shaquille O'Neal and Ben Wallace. Dwayne Wade will struggle with his injury and Kirk Hinrich's pesky defense. Prediction: Bulls in 5.
- Dallas Mavericks (1) vs. Golden State Warriors (8) - Don Nelson will come up with an offensive scheme that will shake the Maverick's fragile confidence. Dirk Nowitzki will be MVP, but Baron Davis, Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson will play conscience-less basketball. Prediction: Warriors in 7.
- Phoenix Suns (2) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (7) - I will have a separate post on this. Stay tuned.
- San Antonio Spurs (3) vs. Denver Nuggets - The Spurs age will show in this series. In three seasons, they may be lottery bound. AI and Carmelo Anthony will play together in what will be a short-lived partnership. Prediction: Nuggets in 6.
- Houston Rockets (4) vs. Utah Jazz (5) - As good as Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady are, T-Mac's first round curse will persist. Why? Because Carlos Boozer and Deron Williams will play like Karl Malone-John Stockton 2.0. Prediction: Jazz in 7.