January 12, 2010

Memo to L.A.: Rest Kobe




I could only imagine Kobe Bryant's finger injury is painful, but watching Kobe play in the last few games has been painful for me as a fan.

In the last four games, Kobe has hoisted a total of 111 shot attempts and he only made 37. That means for every shot he made, he missed two shots. Kobe being Kobe, this is a stretch that he is shooting his way out of a slump. But I personally don't that justifies an average of  27.8 shot attempts per game in a shooting slump. Unfortunately for the Lakers in this stretch, this means that for every shot a Laker not named Kobe Bryant attempted a shot, Kobe made two attempts.  Ugh!

I think I'm not the only one who thinks Kobe's injured finger is bothering him. As much as I am impressed whenever he makes those ridiculous left-handed jumpers, I cringe whenever a brick is laid by his off hand (which is quite a lot these days). I believe there's wisdom in calls to rest Kobe for a couple of weeks or a month.

So memo to the Lakers organization: Rest Kobe! It may be better in the long run.


Technorati:
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin