May 29, 2011

2011 NBA Playoffs - Finals Predictions

My prediction accuracy improved in the last round, where I correctly predicted winners of the two NBA Conference Finals. This brings my 2011 ESPN Stat Geek Smackdown score to 59, good for third if I were part of the pool of predictors.

Out of the fourteen NBA playoffs series so far, I have gotten ten correct, good for 71% accuracy.

Now on to the big stage: the 2011 NBA Finals between the Dallas Mavericks and the Miami Heat.

I think the Heat are peaking at the right moment, with LeBron James playing out of his mind in the last few games. Chris Bosh is also getting comfortable as the unsung third cog in a two-star system. Defense-wide, the Heat have issues and this is key on how Dirk Nowitzki will exploit his match-ups.

That said, I want the Mavericks to win because I feel Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd are due to get their rings, but I think Miami will over-power the Mavs. My prediction: Heat in 6.

Welcome to the Miami Heat era of the NBA.


Technorati:
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin