May 6, 2007

Speed of the NBA, plus I predicted the Jazz will win in 7

With the success of the Phoenix Suns, Golden State Warriors and New Jersey Nets in the first round of the 2007 NBA Playoffs, NBA pundits are now glamorizing the new NBA game-- the Speed Game.

That argument has even prompted some to advise the Lakers brain trust to ditch Andrew Bynum and and go for someone who can make the Lakers run and gun (aka Jason Kidd). But I have to ask the question: When was the last time a run-and-gun, fast-break-fest won an NBA championship? Oh yeah, around 19 years ago with the Showtime L.A. Lakers.

So until Phoenix, Golden State or New Jersey wins NBA hardware, I'm holding off the Speed Game of the NBA.

Also, I want to add that I predicted the Jazz will win in 7 games. The T-Mac curse continues!

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin