June 12, 2007

NBA Finals 2007: No Thanks

Let me get this out of the way: I respect the teams playing the finals this season. The San Antonio Spurs and Cleveland Cavaliers play hard and are good teams but they are just not watchable for non-fans.

The news here is future perennial playoff fixture LeBron James' first finals appearance. While I would like his team to win, I'm picking the Spurs. LBJ is still too raw for playoff basketball. (His Game 5 against the Pistons? Fluke, if you ask me).

Going back into the unwatchable part, the Spurs are a lock-down team. Only basketball purists will love them and that would be a small fraction of the watching audience. They're good all right, but watching them is like watching a quiz show.

The Game 1 ratings say it all-- people are not interested in the 2007 NBA Finals.

Tags:
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin