April 30, 2011

2011 NBA Playoffs - Second Round Predictions


The first round of the 2011 NBA Playoffs is officially done and we only saw a couple of upsets: The East's #5 Atlanta Hawks beating the #4 Orlando Magic, and the West's #8 Memphis Grizzlies eliminating the #1 San Antonio Spurs.

As far as my predictions are concerned, I did pretty OK: I correctly predicted six out of eight series and getting four series with the right number of games. If I were a betting man, I would have won a handsome pot with my predictions. If I scored using ESPN's Stat Geek Smackdown system, I scored 38, besting the 36 scored by Benjamin Morris for the first round.

With the second round starting in a few days, here are my predictions for the four series:

Eastern Conference:
  • Chicago Bulls (1) vs. Atlanta Hawks (5): Bulls in 5
  • Miami Heat (2) vs. Boston Celtics (3): Celtics in 7
Western Conference:
  • Los Angeles Lakers (2) vs. Dallas Mavericks (3): Lakers in 6
  • Oklahoma City Thunder (4) vs. Memphis Grizzlies (8): Thunder in 6
I'm predicting a Bulls-Celtics match-up in the Eastern Conference and a Lakers-Thunder final for the Western Conference.

What do you think? Are my predictions far from yours?


Technorati:
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin